Thursday, March 12, 2015

Last letter of Ivana Hoffmann dedicated to her comrades, before she went to Rojava - Turkish regime attacks memorial


11059760_885630621495043_65174665397644688_n
Comrades, Party.
I can’t distinguish the most beautiful colors anymore, I dont feel the wind of the city on my skin anymore, the singing of the birds sounds more like a call for freedom. I have made a descision, days and nights I lived with these thoughts in my head and today is the day to make this step with all my will, which is strong just as the flow of the river Dîcle-Firat. I want to be a part of the Revolution in Rojava, I want to evolve, In this six months I want to get to know the fight, which unites all the opressed people and of course the Rojava Revolution, which I will defend with my life. I know what I am going for and how important this fight is. I know that there will be difficulties, I will notice, what capitalistic features I have in me but I will fight these.
I will experience what it feels like to have a weapon in my hand and to fight for the Rojava Revolution, against Imperialism. I will experience life in a different way, more intensive and organized. Maybe I will get to my limits and fall back but I will never give up fighting spirit and I will go on. Nothing holds me here. I cant’t look passively at how my sisters, brothers, friends, mothers, fathers, comarades are fighting for independence of Capitalism. I will represent the Internationalism of the Party and be a part of the armed and organized movement. When I will come back, I will infect my comarades, my surroundings with the fighting spirit and the willpower, I will be like the beautiful songs and pull everyone in my spell. I will be a guerilla full of charity and hope.
Yasasin Partimiz
Yasain Devrim
Yasain Sosyalizm
Your comrade Ivana Hoffmann

     Police attack memorial for Ivana Hoffman in Izmir


n_79502_1
Eleven people were detained in the western Turkish city of İzmir on March 11 while commemorating Ivana Hoffman, the first female western fighter who died while fighting the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) in Syria. Demonstrators gathered in the Alsancak neighborhood to erect a tent in memory of Ivana Hoffman, a 19-year-old German citizen fighting with Syrian Kurdish militiamen who was killed in northeastern Syria on March 7. Police asked the group to disperse, saying the demonstration was unwarranted, before detaining 11 people and removing the tent and posters, Doğan News Agency reported.

No comments:

Post a Comment