Breakaway group burns US flag before setting off firecrackers and chanting against US troops in Shannon
Demonstrators take part in a protest against US president Donald Trump during his visit to Ireland on Saturday. Palestine, Iran, paedophilia, racism, misogyny, transphobia, corruption, climate destruction – there was a placard for all.The crowds that gathered in Dublin to protest the visit of Donald Trump had a pick ‘n’ mix assortment of grievances to air.
“I have friends who volunteer for the Rape Crisis Centre,” said one protester, who wore a satirical T-shirt depicting Trump’s friends in despotic places, and a badge saying: “I believe her.”
“I’m here in solidarity with women and I just hope it makes a statement,” said the protester, who asked not to be named in case it affected his job
On September 12, several political organizations, trade unions and individuals took to the streets of Dublin to protest the State visit of Donald Trump. Organizers estimated the number of participants reaching upwards of 25,000 people, highlighting the people’s opposition to the exploitation by Yankee imperialism of Ireland.

No comments:
Post a Comment